CAS Consultants major aim in this sector is to improve Infrastructure and Service Delivery for both Urban and Rural settlements such as Improvements of Roads, Drainage, Footpaths, Flood Lighting and Water & Sewerage works.
Majority of the projects deals with settlement schemes that are largely marginalized and people live in relatively inhumane and disturbing conditions with severe lack of clean fresh water supply, improved sanitation, housing, health services, and lack of solid waste management facilities. In addition to this, the informal settlement dwellers face inadequate schooling facilities, unemployment, lack of energy, lack of drainage systems, high crime rates, and lack of proper governance including security services. This results to life threatening outcomes that lead to mass poverty, contagious diseases, conflicts, and other social, ecological and economic hazards.
CAS Consultants therefore aims to relieve poverty out of these settlements by improving infrastructure, health and social wellbeing of the dwellers by providing adequate fresh drinking water (with low fluoride levels), safe disposal of waste, improved access to property/market, drainage as well security by providing adequate lighting to improve security in the area. Through such the projects also provides income generating opportunities to the residents of the areas that will in turn ensure sustainability of the infrastructure installed/constructed.
Under this, the firm offers the following services;
- Site and Services Schemes
- Infrastructure upgrading plans and detailed engineering designs in informal settlements.
- Markets analysis, design and construction supervision
- Housing estates and associated infrastructures design and construction supervision
- Slaughter houses design and construction supervision
- Bus Parks design and construction supervision
- Street Lighting design and construction supervision
- Water supply and waste water management